Personal injury law allows for compensation to an injured party when someone else has been negligent or who’s intentional act has caused the harm. While every situation and case is different, there are several common types of personal injury claims that can lead to compensation through the courts and legal system. A personal injury attorney is skilled in the evaluation and legal representation of your specific circumstances.
Common Types of Personal Injury Claims
The most common personal injury claim arises from automobile collisions, however these types of cases also include, product defect accidents, medical and dental accidents, slip and fall, work related accidents, or even illness, injury and death from contaminants and toxins released into the air or water. Consultation with a personal injury lawyer will provide the legal guidance needed to determine the best course of action for optimal compensation and reward.
Common Types of Personal Injury Explained
A review of the most common types of personal injury claims filed include the following:
- Vehicle Accidents – A careless, inadequately licensed or qualified driver, or one who is impaired with legal or illegal drugs, can be held financially and legally responsible for injuries they caused. Injuries from car accidents cause the most personal injury claims in the U.S.
- Medical Malpractice – These types of claims arise when a physician or other health care worker fails to provide competent and skilled care which results in injury or death to their patient. Medical and dental accidents may lead to medical negligence claims.
- Slip and Fall Injury – Injuries due to a slip, trip, and fall can occur on public, private, government property, rental property, or in situations where crowds may gather, such as a concert or movie theater. An injury may occur due to property that was not kept safe and free of hazards, due to poor crowd control, changing weather conditions, inadequate lighting, insufficient security, and the like.
- Defamation of Character (Libel and Slander) – This refers to the injury of one’s reputation or character that is the result of untrue statements. Your personal injury lawyer works to prove that the untrue statement made resulted in actual harm, such as a financial loss.
- Dog Bites – While the dog owner is usually financially responsible for bites and injury caused by their dog, exact laws and strict liability rules exist and varies between jurisdictions within the state. Legal direction will provide for the best guidance and legal action in these cases.
- Industrial Disease Cases – These types of personal injury claims include asbestosis and peritoneal mesothelioma, pulmonary diseases, occupational deafness, repetitive strain injury, and occupational stress as examples.
Personal Injury Claim Attorney
If you are a victim of a personal injury, call the expert in the legal defense and representation of personal injury claims. Call Joel Baskin for a thorough evaluation of your case and legal options available to you.