Have you been injured in a car accident? Contact us for a free consultation.
After the heat of summer the crisp fall air is a welcome relief. Along with the cooler weather and darker evenings, driving and road conditions change and present a challenge for drivers that calls for common sense and extra caution. Several articles and editorials on fall driving reflect on the pleasures of the cooler weather and offer tips for safe driving in the fall.
Help Prevent Car Accidents Using Common Sense Tips & Extra Caution
- Use your headlights – Use headlights at dawn and dusk making yourself more visible and improving your ability to identify road hazards, pedestrians, animals, and other unsafe conditions
- Adjust your driving for daylight savings time – This time of the year you are likely to encounter children playing, children at bus stops, pedestrians, power walkers, runners/joggers, dog walkers, bicyclists, and wildlife in late afternoon and early morning low light conditions
- Be aware of weather forecasts – Be prepared for quickly changing road conditions from storms, high winds, rain, snow, and ice which can decrease visibility and increase the chance of hydroplaning
- Beware of fallen leaves on the road – Wet leaves can be as slippery as driving on ice – leaves may also cover hidden hazards such as pot holes and can cover painted lines making it more difficult to distinguish driving lanes
- Observe all speed limits & road signs
- Never drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Remain alert and always aware of your surroundings
Using these common sense tips and extra caution when driving in the fall can help keep you and others safe. Unfortunately not everyone is willing to drive in a safe manner, and sometimes even normally good drivers can find themselves in a hurry or driving in a distracted manner. Should you or a family member be seriously injured in a car accident that was caused by a negligent driver, you will want to get the advice of a car accident attorney.
Joel Baskin Atlanta Personal Injury Attorney for Metro Atlanta Including Cobb & Fulton Counties
Most personal injury attorneys offer a free initial consultation to review your case and see if you can benefit from their representation. A personal injury attorney like Joel Baskin has been helping car accident victims for over 17 years in the Atlanta area with offices located in Cobb & Fulton counties. Joel will protect your rights and help you get full and fair compensation for your damages.
Contact Joel Baskin, an experienced car accident attorney for help if you have been injured in a car accident, or for any type of personal injury including slip & fall, premises liability, work injuries, bicycle accidents, defective products, medical mistakes, and more.