Many people go through life without ever having the need to consult with or hire an attorney. There are numerous legal matters that do not require the services of a lawyer, however even the smallest infraction can often lead to bigger legal issues, fines, or even jail. Being involved in a personal injury can impact your future health and financial security. The 10 reasons you need a personal injury lawyer can significantly affect your life and future.
10 Reasons You Need to Call a Personal Injury Lawyer
Retaining the services of a lawyer is essential in many situations. The top 10 reasons to make that call to an attorney specializing in personal injury include:
- An incident where bodily harm has occurred to you or another person. You may have suffered the harm or you may have caused harm to another. Some common examples include someone being injured on your property, injuries have happened as a result of a car accident, you have been exposed to toxic chemicals at work or live in a “sick house,” or you have been injured as a result of a defective product.
- You are not sure what to do or who to call when you have been a victim of a personal injury, or someone else is claiming you are responsible for their personal injury. An attorney can help avoid potentially severe penalties even before a personal injury trial begins.
- You have received serious injury and require immediate medical care, and may need care for future needs, financial obligations covered. A personal injury lawyer can guide you through the legal process to protect your medical treatment needs, loss of wages, and continued need of treatment.
- Any situation that may involve handcuffs, being arrested or booked. If you are charged with causing personal injury that results in another’s hospitalization, disabling injury, or death, you could be arrested, needing to make bond to be released from incarceration.
- Experienced personal injury lawyers can negotiate a fair settlement or a plea bargain, working to get the best option and legal decision for you.
- The legal rules implicated in a personal injury claim are highly complex and required a skilled attorney specializing in personal injury claims. Good legal representation can prevent situations that you may not foresee at the time.
- Sometimes, the insurance company/ companies involved refuse to settle in good faith, delay payments, deny payments to medical facilities and practitioners after you have received care.
- Retaining a lawyer may be the decision that can keep you from spending time behind bars or for appealing to a lesser charge. An experienced attorney may find key evidence against you was improperly obtained, witness testimony contradicts earlier statements, or even challenge that the evidence found was not handled properly and cannot be submitted into trial.
- Settlements and compensation are higher in those cases where a personal injury lawyer is working for you. In the cases where you are being held responsible, your attorney will work to reduce what you are held financially responsible for.
- You need an experienced lawyer who knows the legal system, knows how to file court documents and handle all legal procedures, deadlines and protocol.
Retaining a Personal Injury Lawyer Crucial
Suffering a personal injury or being accused of harming another person puts your life on hold. Get the peace of mind you want by putting your case in the hands of a seasoned professional. Call Joel Baskin, an experienced personal injury attorney, for a confidential legal consultation.