There are many important reasons that one may overlook when considering consulting with a lawyer. Many people go through life without ever having the need to hire or receive guidance from an attorney. Many legal matters may not require the services of an attorney, however even the smallest infraction can often lead to bigger legal issues, fines, or in some instances, jail. Personal injury can dramatically impact your future health and financial security.
While everyone’s legal situation may be different, it may be wise to consult with an attorney to avoid any future problems. Good legal representation can prevent situations that you may not foresee at the time.
Call an Attorney Instead of Deciding to Overlook a Legal Issue
The following situations give examples of when retaining the services of a lawyer is essential:
- An incident where bodily harm has occurred. You may have suffered the harm or you may have caused harm to another, someone has been injured on your property, injuries have happened as a result of a car accident, you have been exposed to toxic chemicals at work or live in a “sick house,” or you have been injured as a result of a defective product as examples.
- You are unsure of your rights or how to proceed to file a claim
- You have lost the ability to work or earn an income due to injuries
- You are not sure how to plead when being charged with a crime
- You want to avoid potentially severe penalties even before charges are filed
- You need to know what is the best option and legal decision for you
- You may need to find key evidence, obtain witness statements, or even challenge that evidence found was improperly handled
- You need an experienced lawyer who knows the legal system, knows how to file court documents and handle all legal procedures, deadlines and protocol
- Any situation that may involve handcuffs, being arrested or booked. These situations may include DUI/DWI, domestic violence, accusations of tax fraud, white collar crime, illegal drugs, having child pornography, improper relationships with a minor, and any kind of criminal behavior.
Services and Guidance of an Attorney Invaluable
Suffering a personal injury or being accused of a crime puts your life on hold. Move forward with legal guidance before you decide to overlook the importance of seeking legal direction. Get the peace of mind you want by putting your case in the hands of a seasoned professional. Call Joel Baskin for a private consultation.