With summer and great riding weather approaching, Atlanta is seeing increased reports of motorcycle accidents with injury. With more bike riders on the roads now, the daily accident and injury report brings a need for improved attention to who you share the roadways with. Drivers of cars, trucks, or commercial vehicles are often the responsible party when a collision with a motorcycle occurs.
Driver Negligence and Motorcycle Accidents with Injury
A driver may easily miss seeing the bike when switching lanes, becoming distracted by a phone call, events in the car, heavy traffic, road construction lane changes, or in making a turn on the roadway. Being hit and then thrown from a bike usually results in serious injuries that may be life-altering, cause head injury, or even death. The majority of motorcycle accidents with personal injury are the result of driver negligence.
Statistics of Motorcycle Accidents
Reports from the National Highway Safety Administration (NHSA) data base indicate almost 5,000 bike riders were killed, almost 90,000 injured, and 84,000 motorcyclists were involved in a crash during just a one-year period. The numbers provide evidence that if a motorcycle accident occurs, it is almost assured that there will be an injury.
While the accident may be the result of driver negligence, it may also be due to a driver who is driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, a driver who is inexperienced with driving in traffic, or one who is lost with their attention focused on signs rather than others on the road next to them.
Motorcycle Accidents Require Experienced Lawyer
It is crucial to obtain legal representation as soon as possible after receiving injuries from a motorcycle accident with another vehicle. An experienced motorcycle accident attorney will provide the legal guidance you need for:
- Obtaining a medical evaluation, treatment and care that you need for your injuries
- Negotiating with all insurance companies involved for optimal benefit coverage
- Making sure you receive on-going care and treatment required
- Planning for future needs with long term treatment or permanent disability
- Repairing or replacing the damaged motorcycle
- Documenting all lost wages and time from work for your treatment and injuries
- Assisting with compensation for financial hardship and emotional distress
- Fighting for you to obtain full compensation for all of your losses
- Obtaining the best settlement and compensation possible
- Providing legal representation throughout the claim process
Motorcycle Accident Attorney Ready to Fight for You
Injured motorcyclists need an experienced lawyer who will fight for you from the day of your accident throughout the settlement process. No matter when your accident occurs, Joel Baskin, attorney, makes negligent drivers accountable. Call the office for legal consultation on your case.