Summer and sunny, dry, warm days are perfect to ride motorcycles in. In Atlanta, summer is motorcycle accident season with more riders sharing the roadways with larger cars and trucks. Increased riders result in an increased number of accidents and injuries on a daily basis. The drivers of a car, truck, or commercial vehicle are often the responsible party when a motorcycle collision occurs.
Summer is Motorcycle Accident Season
Since a motorcycle is both smaller and easier to cause the rider to lose control when being clipped or hit by a car or truck, the majority of bike accidents are often the result of driver negligence. A car or truck driver may easily miss seeing the bike when switching lanes, becoming distracted by a phone call, heavy traffic, road construction lane changes, or in making a turn off the roadway. Being thrown from a bike usually results in serious injury that may be life-altering, cause a serious head injury, or death.
Motorcycle Accident Season Statistics
Statistics, from the National Highway Safety Administration data base, show almost 5,000 bike riders were killed, almost 90,000 injured, and 84,000 motorcyclists were involved in a crash during just a one-year period of time. Looking at these numbers readily show that if a motorcycle accident occurs it is almost assured that the rider will sustain an injury. The cause of the accident may be driver negligence, driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, driver inexperience, inattention to others on the roadway, or safety issues with the vehicle.
Motorcycle Accident Season Requires Legal Counsel
Injured motorcyclists need an experienced lawyer who works for you from day one through settlement. If you have been injured during a motorcycle accident with another vehicle, it is crucial to obtain legal guidance and representation as soon as possible to make sure all of your needs are being met and adequately compensated for. Working with an experienced motorcycle accident attorney provides the legal guidance for:
- Getting you the medical evaluation, treatment and care that you need
- Making sure you receive all required on-going care and treatment
- Negotiating with the all insurance companies involved for optimal benefit coverage
- Repairing or replacing the motorcycle
- Planning for long term treatment or permanent disability if that is needed
- Documenting lost wages and time from work due treatment and injuries sustained
- Assisting with compensation for financial hardship and emotional distress
- Working to obtain full compensation for all of your losses
- Obtaining the best settlement possible
- Providing legal representation throughout the claim process
Motorcycle Accident Season Attorney
Whether your accident occurs during the prime summer riding season or in the middle of winter, Joel Baskin makes negligent drivers accountable in Atlanta and works to protect your rights. Call the office for legal consultation on your case.