Most people do not think about needing a personal injury attorney until an unfortunate event occurs. The top 10 reasons for needing a lawyer after being involved in an incident where you receive a personal injury all impact your future health, well-being, and financial security needs.
Top 10 Reasons Legal Guidance is Needed in Personal Injury Cases
Retaining the services of a lawyer is essential in many situations and can affect your treatment, health, and financial needs well into the future. The top 10 reasons to call to a personal injury attorney include:You have suffered a serious injury and require immediate medical care, and may need care for future needs and financial obligations covered. A personal injury lawyer can guide you through the legal process to protect your medical treatment needs, loss of wages, and continued need of treatment.
- Settlements and compensation are higher in those cases where a personal injury lawyer is working for you. In the cases where you are being held responsible, your attorney will work to reduce what you are held financially responsible for.
- You are not sure what to do or who to call when you have been a victim of a personal injury, or someone else is claiming you are responsible for their personal injury. An attorney can help avoid potentially severe penalties even before a personal injury trial begins.
- Sometimes, the insurance company/companies involved refuse to settle in good faith, delay payments, or deny payments to medical facilities and practitioners after you have received care.
- An incident where bodily harm has occurred to you or another person. You may have suffered the harm or you may have caused harm to another. Some common examples include someone being injured on your property, injuries resulting from a car accident, you have been exposed to toxic chemicals at work or live in a “sick house,” or you have been injured as a result of a defective product.
- If you are charged with causing personal injury that results in another’s hospitalization, disabling injury, or death, you could be arrested, needing to make bond to be released from incarceration.
- Experienced personal injury lawyers can negotiate a fair settlement or a plea bargain, working to get the best option and legal decision for you.
- The legal rules implicated in a personal injury claim are highly complex and require a skilled attorney specializing in personal injury claims. Good legal representation can prevent situations that you may not foresee at the time.
- Retaining a lawyer may be the decision that can keep you from spending time behind bars. An experienced attorney may find key evidence against you was improperly obtained, witness testimony contradicts earlier statements, or even challenge that the evidence found was not handled properly and cannot be submitted into trial.
- You need an experienced lawyer who knows the legal system, knows how to file court documents and handle all legal procedures, deadlines and protocol.
Personal Injury Attorney Crucial to Claim
Your life is often put on hold after suffering a personal injury or being accused of harming another person. Get the peace of mind you want by putting your case in the hands of a seasoned professional. Call Joel Baskin, an experienced personal injury attorney, for a confidential legal consultation.