Accidents that injure and kill innocent Georgia citizens often involve an out-of-state company, sub-contracted or independent truck drivers, improperly recorded trucking logs, state truck inspection issues, and many other factors that turn a personal injury case into a complicated lawsuit.
Impaired Truck Drivers Cause Serious Injury and Death
Impaired truck driver accidents often cause serious personal injury, made even worse due to the size and weight difference between a truck and a car or motorcycle. Georgia Highway Safety reports show that these trucking accidents are often due to driver issues or equipment failures, often leaving the victim with a permanent life-impacting injury. Truck accident cases involving more than just the driver and trucking company require the expert legal direction of an expert truck accident attorney.
Georgia Impaired Trucking Accident Statistics
If you have been injured, or a family member killed, in a tractor trailer or truck accident, it is important to work with a lawyer more than just familiar with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations. The Georgia Highway Safety office reports the following statistics related to trucking accidents in Georgia:
- Almost 20% of truck drivers report that they have fallen asleep at the wheel
- 64% of truck drivers admitted to falsification of their driving hours on their service logs
- 50% of tractor trailer accidents in Georgia involve companies based out-of-state
- 1 out of 3 big trucks fail roadside inspections
- Driver fatigue was noted in causing up to 40% of truck accidents
- 22% of fatal crashes with a truck directly related to speeding
- 27% of drivers involved in an accident had at least one prior speeding conviction
- Injuries from truck related crashes have increased more than 66% in the past 10-years
Impaired Trucking Accident Attorney
Working with a qualified experienced truck accident attorney is crucial in complex impaired truck driver cases. Call Attorney Joel Baskin for immediate action. He is prepared to provide the best legal options and direction that will provide you with the maximum amount of compensation for injuries received.